Saturday 15 April 2017

A BIG thank you.

I want to say Thank you to Edwin. During the Analogue Hobbies painting challenge ( Link )I won a prize. Now I do not normally win anything so I was very excited to have won a prize.  The prize was with ( LINK ) Diplomatist Books.

I did a very brief email exchange with Edwin and he posted everything I wanted the day after. Now being Dyslexic I am in no way the fastest/best reader. (I was tested and found to have a reading speed of a 12 year old... and yet the comprehension of a post graduate. Yeah go figure! So I selected 2 books that I knew would have some pictures and that from experience I thought I would manage. Yeah boo hoo me! Ahh poor baby!)


So two Osprey books in the raid series. The first selected was a WW2 title about a raid on a Japanese prisoner of war camp. This I knew would be just my cup of tea.

The second book was set just after the Vietnam war about the rescue of the crew of a US cargo ship in the same area of the world. Again something I knew I would be interested in and thought I would enjoy.

So far I have only skimmed through each book looking at the pictures and examining any maps but I am confident that I shall enjoy them both.

But we are not yet finished Edwin Included a third book free of charge which is in the same series and while not something I would have selected looks like it may end up being the best of the three. It is the 1804 raid on Barbary Pirates to release Christian prisoners. Again something I know nothing about, but I can already see a game developing from this stand point.

Again I have skimmed but not read. While these are classed as second-hand I am told (by Edwin) that they were old stock from shops that have now ceased trading. So they are as new in condition and by far in better condition than I expected.

So a big thanks for supplying the prize. An additional thanks for such good service and a second ADDITIONAL thanks for supplying an extra book. I really am very grateful. If you want to also check his blog you may do so (HERE)




15 comments:

  1. What a very generous offer and it must have truly made your day. Good for you, mate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bryan. I am very pleased indeed.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the kind words Clint. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Edwin. I am sure I will enjoy all 3 books and once again thank you for such an act of generosity.

      Delete
  3. He does do good books. The Barbary Pirates one is one of the great war stories, and is line 2 of the US Marines song (From the Halls of Montezuma to the Shores of Tripoli), unless I've got the wrong raid

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THank you Martin. I suspect you may be correct. I really know NOTHING about it. (Yet)

      Delete
  4. Lucky boy Clint, some interesting reading material for you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Andy. While Edwin does have a wide choice I did want something quite visual and I know Osprey can be very good with paintings and pictures.

      Delete
  5. Great score Clint - and well done Edwin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Peter. Indeed I do feel indebted to Edwin for his prize and his generosity.

      Delete
    2. Just my way of giving back and supporting the APHC...

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thank you Michael. Needless to say I am very pleased.

      Delete
  7. What a great surprise and some very interesting reading

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joe. I have much to be thankful for.

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment.